If you are requesting permission to use my photos for a particular purpose, please find license enquiry form here.
There are some uses such as personal use and online editorial use where it is not necessary to request a quote. Please read the FAQs below for more information.
Have something quick to say? You can also reach out to me through the following social media:
Frequently Asked Questions
For online editorial and personal use, you may use the images from this website for free provided you clearly credit Nicolas Dory in the image caption or article copy and include a clickable link back to this website. Note that this does not apply to commercial online uses. If you would prefer not to include the credits, or for commercial use, please request a quote.
I will not supply high resolution images for you to print yourself as my print editions are strictly controlled. If you would like to order a print, please contact me.
Yes, you can share my pictures on your social media accounts provided the following conditions are met:
- You credit me in the first line of the post description/caption. For example: “Photo by @nicolasdory” or “Photo by Nicolas Dory”.
- On Instagram and Twitter, you should credit my username: @nicolasdory
- On Facebook, please tag my page: https://www.facebook.com/nicolas.dory.photography
- On any other platform, please credit my name “Nicolas Dory” and link back to my website: www.nicolasdory.com.
- You cannot use my images in posts that communicate a political message or potentially controversial point of view without checking with me first. I reserve the right to refuse permission if I do not agree with the message, for example, I would not allow my pictures to be used in a post that is pro trophy hunting.
There are a number of different ways in which you may use my images as reference for your artwork. This section provides a succinct summary of the options available.
Non-commercial uses (you do not plan to make money from your art):
You are welcome to use any of the images on my website or my social media pages as reference for your artwork for free. If you display the derivative artwork in public or online then please credit me and link to www.nicolasdory.com. If in the future you decide to sell your art then please contact me to request a license.
Commercial uses, less than $1,000 CAD expected revenue:
If you use my images as a reference for artwork that you plan to sell then you will require a license. There is a flat-rate fee of $100 CAD per image. For each image we can supply a 4,000px digital reference image stamped with a subtle “artist reference image” watermark.
If you go on to make more than $1,000 CAD from a piece of artwork then please contact me to extend your license. To extend your license there will be an admin fee of $50 CAD plus 10% of the incremental expected revenue.
Commercial uses, greater than $1,000 CAD expected revenue:
Please estimate your expected revenue from the derivative artwork. The license fee will be 10% of the expected revenue. We will supply a 4,000px digital reference image stamped with a subtle “artist reference image” watermark. Please contact me to obtain your license now.
If you go on to make more than your expected revenue from your artwork then please contact me to extend your license. To extend your license there will be an admin fee of $50 CAD plus 10% of the incremental expected revenue.